Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tough times ahead

I don't know what you think of the US Bailout plan. I can't think of a better way, but I don't like it.

I don't know what you think about Mr Tharman's bleak economic outlook for the quarters to come (read: years to come). I too can't think of a better way he should get things done, but I don't like it either.

I'm reminded of a popular prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I know I cannot change the way the economy moves (I'm not even sure if Paulson can!) but I can change the way I deal with it everyday.

Economy rises and falls all the time. AIA gets into trouble all the time (not that it matters that much to me anymore). But at the end of the day, the winter clears and the sun comes back. Often enough, if we had placed ourselves in self-pity, we will miss the break of spring and only come out to bask in its glory when the hot summer sun is about to roast the hair off your skin.

Take courage, to do what you need to do. I applaud a friend who knows the bleak outlook, but chooses to take the courage to begin his plans, so he can send his newborn son comfortably to the university in 20 years time. He knows he cannot change the economy, but he sure has that wisdom, sufficient enough, to bring forth courage to bring his family to success.

No comments: