Thursday, October 2, 2008

The "Retard" - Part 1

Our success in life - including financial success - have a lot to do with what we think of ourselves.

Let me share with you a story:

A teacher asked a boy in school to clean the board.

Boy: I can't do that, Sir.

Teacher: Why not?

Boy: Because I am not one of your students.

Teacher: It doesn't matter. Just follow my instructions.

The boy hesitated.

Boy: I can't do that, Sir.

Teacher: Why not?

Boy: Because... *chokes* uhh... *shifts from side to side* because I'm... educable mentally retarded (meaning: students with IQs of approximately 50-75), Sir.

The teacher walked around the table to this young boy, and points his finger to his face.

Teacher: Don't you ever say that again, young man. Someone's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.

[to be continued]

No comments: